2md provides a range of regeneration, communication and design services to clients in the voluntary, community and public sectors. Here is some of our recent work and the people we have worked with:
Stogursey Victory Hall
- Feasibility study into the future of the village hall in Stogursey
Ambition Lawrence Weston
- Project Management of new community hub to include GP surgery, health clinic, library, cafe, pharmacy and more.
Grove Parish Council
- Business plan for proposed community hub building
Malvern Hills AONB
- Examination of options for future income sources
Wyre Forest Landscape Partnership
- Facilitation of Visioning Workshops to underpin new development plan
Big Local Trust
- Big Local Rep for Woolavington and Puriton in Somerset.
- Big Local Rep for Radstock and Westfield in BANES.
Cranborne Chase and West Wiltshire Downs AONB
- Business plan for new countryside centre in the AONB.
Quantock Hills AONB
- Providing advice to the AONB on setting up an arms length body to support the core AONB activities.
Carriageworks Vision, Bristol
- Supporting the Carriageworks Action Group through Bristol City Council’s competitive dialogue to procure a developer for the Carriageworks and Westmoreland House site.
- Facilitation of public consultation on the future of the Carriageworks and Westmoreland House, Stokes Croft, Bristol. Attracted contributions from c.1500 people and resulted in adoption of Community Vision for the site which had been derelict for 25 years. (2011)
Tamar Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Successful application to Dartmoor LEAF for development worker and clubhouse for Woodland Riders CIC, Madacleave
- Successful stage 1application to HLF for £2.3m for Tamar Valley Mining Heritage Project (TVMHP) a £5m initiative to conserve and promote the industrial heritage of the area which was based around the copper and arsenic mines.
- Successful HLF Stage 2 business plan and an associated feasibility study.
- Successful application to Objective 2 for £1.1m funding for the TVMHP.
- Successful application to SWRDA for £750,000 funding for the TVMHP.
- Evaluation of completed TVMHP.
South West Protected Landscape Forum
- Preparation of INTERREG IVa funding application with partners in England and France
- Assessment of EU funding opportunities especially from LIFE and INTERREG.www.southwestlandscpaes.org.uk
- Advise on preparation of community plan for Lyme Forward, facilitation of four workshops with local residents to help them write the plan, and final drafting.
Taunton Deane Borough Council and LSP
- Consultation strategy for LDF and Community Strategy. Delivery of facilitated sessions. (Finalist in RTPI Planning Awards 2006).
- Second phase of consultation including facilitation with community organisations in areas of potential growth
- Final draft of the vision and plan for Wellington, Somerset